Saturday, October 10, 2015

How to be a Christian (3 easy steps)

By Christopher R Rice

Jesus Photo

 
1.) Have you ever seen someone cold and gave them the jacket off your back?
 
If someone takes your coat, give him your cloak as well; if he makes you go a mile with him, go with him two. [Mathew]
 
2.) Have you ever helped a widow or an orphan?
 
Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world. James 1:27 ESV 
 
Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause. Isaiah 1:17 ESV
 
3.) Have you ever fed the hungry, or housed the homeless or defended the weak?
 
Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh? Isaiah 58:7 ESV
 
“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, ... Matthew 25:31-46 ESV
 
And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’ Matthew 25:40 ESV 

No comments:

Post a Comment